G.O.B.: These guys are pros, Michael. They’re gonna push the tension till the last possible moment before they strip.
Michael: They’re not going to strip, are they?
G.O.B.: I told them not to, but I can’t promise that their instincts won’t kick in.
Pier Pressure - 1x10
submission by Chris Neumann
oh my god
is trying to bury
in the dog’s fur
and the dog is just like
but i’m not designed for that
My 5 Favorite Parts of Soldier of Love by Sade
1. There are at least 3 different guitar parts in this song, but the loudest one, with the noise gate on it. How the lines cut in and out, dancing around the drums, like glimpses of the safety of love, promises that vanish as soon as you speak them.
2. I’m at the borderland of my faith, I’m in the hinterland of my devotion. Maybe one of the best lines in any song, ever? So deep and pure and complex and true that I can’t even think about it too much. It destroys me to contemplate what those words even mean.
3. I’m doing my best b/w I’m still alive. Proclamations of determination and an absolute unwillingness to give up (on love? on life? on oneself?) despite history, despite the odds.
4. The gang vocals (WHOA) and handclaps on the bridge. You’re not in this alone. We have each other.
5. The song is basically over at 4:00 but the music continues for another 0:59. Like, look: settle in for a long ride. This is life. Still waiting for love to come.